Confused whether you need to submit a tax return by 31 January 2018, for the tax year 6 April 2016 to 5 April 2017.  HMRC has a fantastic little tool you can use to help you decide.  Just head over to HMRC’s website here, answer their questions and find out for yourself!

Related: Allowable Expenses for the Self Employed

Anita is a Chartered Accountant, turned blogger and creator of the ever popular free Go Self Employed Email Mini Course, which has been completed by hundreds of attendees all over the UK. Using her 10 years experience in accounting, tax and operations for Small Businesses, Anita is on a mission to make finance simple for the self employed, so they can stop stressing about tax & finances and focus on building profitable businesses which will give them the lifestyle they dream of.